The Tennessee Association of Professional Surveyors (TAPS) is dedicated to preserve and promote the education and advancement of the profession.
The Objectives of TAPS
- To promote surveying as a profession.
- To define conduct for surveyors.
- To promote higher education levels and continuing education programs for all surveyors.
- To promote high standards of practice applicable to the surveying profession.
- To increase the public knowledge of the value of professional surveying through ethical public relations.
- To unite all qualified surveyors of the state in one organization.
- To assist well-qualified and properly motivated young people in obtaining education and experience necessary to become Licensed Surveyors.
Surveyors' Creed As a Professional Surveyor, I dedicate my professional knowledge and skill to the advancement and betterment of human welfare. I pledge:
- To give the utmost of performance;
- To participate in none but honest enterprise;
- To live and work according to the laws of man and the highest standards professional conduct;
- To place service before profit, the honor and standing of the profession before personal advantage, and the public welfare above all other considerations.
In humility and with need for Divine Guidance, I make this pledge.
If you should need to write us, our mailing address is: Tennessee Association of Professional Surveyors 607 Due West Avenue West, Suite 96 Madison, TN. 37115 Phone: 615.860.9311 FAX: 615.860.7177 TAPS